Be Empowered Grants
McAuley is pleased to offer Be Empowered Grants to eligible incoming freshmen for the 2017-18 school year.
To qualify for a Be Empowered Grant, the FACTS financial aid application must be submitted by November 19, 2016. Students who demonstrate a financial need (based upon evaluation of the completed FACTS financial aid application) will be considered for the Be Empowered Grant.
To apply for the Be Empowered Grant:
1. Submit the FACTS Financial Aid application by November 19, 2016.
2. Submit ONE of the following by November 19, 2016:
- A 200-word typed essay on Service – Describe what “Service” means to you, why it is important within our community, and how you plan to serve as a future student of McAuley High School.
- A 200-word typed essay on Leadership – Describe what “Leadership” means to you, and why it is important within our schools and communities. In your opinion, what makes someone a good leader, and how do you plan to lead as a future student of McAuley High School?
- A 200-word typed essay on Spirituality – Describe what “Spirituality” means to you, and why it is important within our communities, churches, and one’s own personal life. Describe ways in which we can deepen our spirituality, which will ultimately create a better community for all.
- A work of art created by the applicant (Ex: Drawing, Painting, Ceramics, Photography, etc.)
- A musical work performed by the applicant (Ex: Vocal, Instrumental, etc.) provided on video via DVD, YouTube or iMovie.
3. Send essay, work of art, or musical performance by November 19, 2016, via email or mail to:
Maria Schweikert, Director of Admissions
McAuley High School
6000 Oakwood Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45224
Submissions can also be delivered directly to the school.
*Please include your Name, Address, Email, Phone, and Current School with your application.
A committee including McAuley leaders and faculty will review all submissions, and finalists will be asked to participate in an in-person interview with the selection committee. Winners will be notified in January 2017.
If you have any questions about the Be Empowered Grant or the application process, please contact Maria Schweikert, Director of Admissions, at (513) 681-1800 x2272 or email@example.com.