Shadow at McAuley for a Day!
**Current Mother of Mercy students who are interested in shadowing at McAuley are invited to schedule a shadow day by calling Maria Schweikert, Director of Admissions, at 681-1800 X2272. Shadow days will occur Tuesday - Friday. We politely request a 48-hour notice in scheduling whenever possible.
Come visit us! If you are currently in the 8th grade, or if you are a possible transfer student, we invite you to meet the McAuley family for yourself by shadowing a student at McAuley. This is the best way to experience McAuley. During your shadow day at McAuley, you'll be hosted by a member of the Ambassadors' Team, an exceptional group of young women who can tell you all about our academic programs and extra-curricular activities. You'll tour the school, sit in on classes, meet teachers, and eat lunch with students.
On the Shadow Day, parents of the 8th grade students who are shadowing that day are invited (but not required) to attend a 30-minute informal session with Principal Dan Minelli and Associate Principal Connie Kampschmidt from 7:45 - 8:15 a.m. This session provides 8th grade parents with an opportunity to meet and talk with school leaders, be introduced to McAuley's Mission and Core Values, and ask any questions. Light refreshments will be served. Parents who wish to attend this session are asked to RSVP on the form below when registering their daughter for her Shadow Day.
*Four spring shadow days are listed below. If none of these dates work for you, please contact our Director of Admissions, Maria Schweikert, at 681-1800 X2272 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More important information about shadow days:
- A shadow day lasts from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. (2:40 on Mondays). Students should arrive by 7:45 a.m.
- To ensure every student's shadow day is as personalized as possible, no more than 15 students will shadow in one day. Once a shadow date is full, it will be removed from the list.
- You will receive an e-mail from the Director of Admissions to confirm your scheduled shadow day.
- We prefer to host 8th grade students on the Shadow Dates listed below. If you need to request a date that is not listed, please contact Maria Schweikert at 681-1800 X2272 or at email@example.com.
- We will make every effort possible to accommodate requests to shadow specific students.
- 8th graders should be dropped off and picked up at our main doors (middle of the building). Parents may park on the left side of the circle and come in with their daughter. Our Director of Admissions, Maria Schweikert, and a student ambassador will be waiting to greet you in the main lobby.
- Please arrange your shadow day at least one week in advance to make it as personalized as possible.
- We provide a free lunch during the visit.
- Wear clothes that you are comfortable in (grade school uniforms are not necessary). We would love to see you in McAuley Spirit Wear!