Five McAuley Students Awarded $2,500 Scholarships from Mercy Hospital West Auxiliary
On May 16 at a special luncheon held at Clovernook Country Club, five McAuley seniors were each awarded a $2,500 scholarship from the Mercy Hospital West Auxiliary. Each year, the Auxiliary awards annual scholarships to talented area students embarking on health care careers. Congratulations to these five students, all members of McAuley's Women in Medicine program:
- Olivia Dillman, who will attend the University of Cincinnati and plans to become a physician.
- Emma Fitz, who will attend Ohio State University and plans to become a surgeon.
- Kathryn Rost, who will study biochemistry at the University of Cincinnati.
- Audra Stueve, who will attend Ohio State University, where she plans to study pre-med.
- Grace Wells, who will study nursing at the University of Cincinnati.
McAuley's Women In Medicine Program is an academic program in partnership with Mercy West Hospital. Through the program, students are given the opportunity to explore careers in the health fields through monthly seminars and volunteering. In addition to Women in Medicine, McAuley's Women In Program also offers areas of concentration in Law, Engineering and Technology.